This time 32 days ago I made the decision to stop lurking and start blogging. I changed my mind a few hours later, but it was too late, I had committed myself to Janathon and couldn’t back out. I definitely don’t regret it: It has been motivating and lovely to feel part of such a friendly and supportive community. I’ve enjoyed reading other people’s blogs and am very grateful for all the kind comments and likes on my blog posts.
So the stats and achievements of my Janathon:
- 31 Blog posts!
- 16 x runs for a total of 65.48 miles. This compares to 47 miles in Jan 2013 and a big fat 0 miles in Jan 2012.
- 2 x swims (2900 metres). First swim in 15 months
- 1 x bike ride (9 miles). Haven’t cycled in 7 months
- 4 x yoga classes. 18 months since I last did yoga
- 17 x core-strengthening sessions
- 2 x early morning core-strengthening sessions (a first!!)
- 2 x yoga sessions at home (another first!)
- 4 x parkruns
- 3/12 Scottish parkruns
- Entering a MARATHON!
The running, some of the core-strengthening, and the yoga classes would probably have happened regardless. For all the rest, especially the MARATHON entry I have Janathon to thank.
So thank you Janathon and fellow Janathoners! I plan to keep blogging over the next few months, but will definitely be back for Juneathon.
See you then!
Ooops, I forgot to say that on Day 31 I did my full core-strengthening programme with squats, planks, lunges, bridges, heel lifts, clams, stretching etc.